by Jac La Tour
If you’re in Southern California, an upcoming seminar may be of interest to you and your ministry.
The California State Board of Equalization is presenting a free tax seminar for nonprofit and faith-based organizations at the UC Riverside Extension Center. This seminar will cover these topics:
- Sales and Use Taxes for Nonprofit Organizations
- Property Tax Exemptions
- Compliance for Exempt Organizations
- Regulation of Charities and Fundraisers
- Employment Taxes and the Nonprofit Organization
- Federal Tax Issues for Exempt Organizations
Date: Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Time: 9:00 a.m. — 4:00 p.m. (PDT)
To learn more, view the brochure for this seminar here.
To register, visit the California State Board of Equalization’s web page.