A good budget can help your ministry plan for and stay focused on its highest priorities. Two upcoming webinars are being offered by ECCU to help you budget better.
Budgeting 101 is for ministries with annual revenues up to $2 million. It will be presented from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. (PT) on August 16, 2012, and will cover:
- Different budget approaches
- The importance of aligning your budget with your mission
- Specific steps for creating, approving, and implementing a budget
- How and why to monitor budgets carefully
Vonna Laue, audit partner with CapinCrouse LLP, will present with Ingrid Robinson, founder/CEO of LenShaw Financial Services, and Mark Jones, ECCU vice president and senior banking consultant.
Advanced Budgeting, for ministries with annual revenues of more than $2 million, will go beyond the principles of basic budgeting to examine the greater complexities of budgeting for larger ministries. It will be presented from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. (PT) on August 23, 2012, and will cover:
- The importance of accurately projecting revenue and how to do it
- Why and how to align money and mission
- How to use your budget to stay on mission
Arthur Wilson, CFO of The Park Ministries (Charlotte, North Carolina), will present with Billy Burnett, executive vice president and CFO with Joni and Friends International Disability Center, and Mark Jones, ECCU vice president and senior banking consultant.
These webinars are free. You can follow this link for more information and to register.